- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Holland out until mid-season after fall
- Updated: January 11, 2014
This is not good news for the Texas Rangers. Derek Holland posted career best numbers last season with a 3.42 ERA. And now, it looks like the Rangers are going to have to learn to live without him for quite a while.
Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News said that Holland had a fall at home and he injured his knee. He just had surgery and it’s going to be some time before the team gets him back.
“Rangers LHP Derek Holland damages left knee in fall at home. Surgery today. Out until possibly mid-season,” Fraley tweets.
This doesn’t mean that the Rangers will go after a big-ticket free agent to replace him, it looks like the plan is to bring a guy up from within the organization.