- Klay Thompson scores NBA record 37 points in a quarter
- Ravens cut Cody amid animal cruelty allegations
- Malkin to miss All Star Game, no one cares
- Kobe Bryant needs to retire
- Rinaldo facing suspension for hit on Letang (video)
- Brady said he likes deflated balls
- Thomas has shoulder injury, will play in Super Bowl
- Bears tab Ryan Pace as new general manager
- Kyle Shanahan out in Cleveland
- Winston accuser files Title IX lawsuit
Holland out until mid-season after fall
- Updated: January 11, 2014
This is not good news for the Texas Rangers. Derek Holland posted career best numbers last season with a 3.42 ERA. And now, it looks like the Rangers are going to have to learn to live without him for quite a while.
Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News said that Holland had a fall at home and he injured his knee. He just had surgery and it’s going to be some time before the team gets him back.
“Rangers LHP Derek Holland damages left knee in fall at home. Surgery today. Out until possibly mid-season,” Fraley tweets.
This doesn’t mean that the Rangers will go after a big-ticket free agent to replace him, it looks like the plan is to bring a guy up from within the organization.