- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Griffin III not involved in Gruden hire
- Updated: January 9, 2014
But, in the case of the Washington Redskins and quarterback Robert Griffin III, he probably should at least have been asked considering how his sour relationship with Mike Shanahan played a large part in the sinking of the team’s 2013 season.
A source tells PFT that RGIII actually had zero input on the Jay Gruden hire and perhaps still hasn’t even spoken with the new coach. That seems a little odd, but whatever.
It’s now Gruden’s job to make something of RGIII. I highly doubt that he’s going to keep that read-option crap that ultimately did nothing more for Griffin than get him hurt. RGIII was on a path to a career destroyed by injuries; it’s now Gruden’s job to fix that.
Not an easy task when you consider that Griffin’s legs add so much to his game. They still can help, but now is when he learns to become a pocket passer or finds another home.
If it doesn’t work out, he could be working at Subway instead of endorsing them.