- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Griffin III not involved in Gruden hire
- Updated: January 9, 2014
But, in the case of the Washington Redskins and quarterback Robert Griffin III, he probably should at least have been asked considering how his sour relationship with Mike Shanahan played a large part in the sinking of the team’s 2013 season.
A source tells PFT that RGIII actually had zero input on the Jay Gruden hire and perhaps still hasn’t even spoken with the new coach. That seems a little odd, but whatever.
It’s now Gruden’s job to make something of RGIII. I highly doubt that he’s going to keep that read-option crap that ultimately did nothing more for Griffin than get him hurt. RGIII was on a path to a career destroyed by injuries; it’s now Gruden’s job to fix that.
Not an easy task when you consider that Griffin’s legs add so much to his game. They still can help, but now is when he learns to become a pocket passer or finds another home.
If it doesn’t work out, he could be working at Subway instead of endorsing them.