- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
The Knicks blow worse than you think
- Updated: December 15, 2013
But, the dysfunction runs deeper than just a poor win/loss record. Apparently, after the Knicks lost to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night, head coach Mike Woodson and J.R. Smith exchanged “heated words.”
According to what a source told the New York Daily News, it sounds like Smith is the horse’s back side in this ordeal. The source said that Goodson had admonished Smith during the Bulls game for poor shot selection. That kind of thing is…the coach’s job.
After that, Smith apparently had some not-so-nice things to say on the bench, which Goodson didn’t appreciate.
But, Goodson, according to the source, kept his mouth shut until after the game. He told Smith that he didn’t really like the fact that he was being spoken to in that manner, especially because Goodson has been in Smith’s corner for the last two years.
“Mike said that after all I’ve done for you I can’t have you talking back to me like that,” the source said.
The source said that Smith made a lewd comment, which got this all started.
There are two sides to every story, but this one sounds like Smith is being a dick. This is what happens when you lose. Guys become dicks.