- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Eagles cut Cullen Jenkins
- Updated: February 25, 2013
Well, it looks like new Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly got around to watching some film. And one would think that the film wasn’t of the first few games of 2011, when Cullen Jenkins actually made plays. He probably watched a lot of tape and saw that Jenkins’ name rarely even got mentioned during a broadcast.
I’m assuming these things because the Eagles have confirmed that they’ve released the 32-year old DT/DE.
There was a thought that he would stay with the team as they plan use a defensive scheme that goes back and forth from 3-4 to 4-3. Jenkins can play tackle in the 4-3 and has been an end in the 3-4 in the past.
The Eagles obviously don’t care about that and were more concerned with getting younger on defense and saving the $1 million roster bonus he was due in March.