- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Lacy won’t run at Scouting Combine
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy is widely considered to be the best running back in this year’s NFL draft. And one would think that any of his Scouting Combine numbers wouldn’t affect that one way or the other.
But, there is definitely on Combine number he won’t have, and that’s his 40-yard dash time. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, he suffered a partial tear in his hamstring during training and won’t risk further damage by sprinting in his underwear.
“Alabama RB Eddie Lacy will not work out at combine after suffering small tear in some tissue around his hamstring while training last week,” Schefter tweets.
Lacy is currently targeting his March 13 Alabama pro day to run for the scouts.