- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Bowers arrested at LaGuardia Airport
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Da’Quan Bowers’ career is not off to a hot start. At one point, he was considered to be a possible top pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. But serious questions about his knee dropped him to the second round and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Since then, he’s mostly been hurt, appearing in just 10 games last year before tearing his Achilles tendon.
But now, he’s become even more valuable to his team after he was arrested on Monday at LaGuardia Airport. Bowers seemed to have thought that he could get a loaded .40 caliber handgun through security.
He was arrested on second-degree charges of criminal possession of a handgun. Of course, he’ll probably claim – as Shaun Rogers did in 2010 – that he didn’t know it was in there. How do you simply forget you have a loaded gun in your possession?
“We are aware of the situation and are gathering information. We will withhold comment until we know all the facts,” Buccaneers GM Mark Domenik said in a statement.