- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Packers release Charles Woodson
- Updated: February 15, 2013
And that’s that. Charles Woodson joined the Green Bay Packers in 2006 and it looks like his tenure with the team will end following the 2012 season. Woodson’s agent, Carl Poston, tells Ian Rapaport of NFL.com that the Packers will release him.
“Carl Poston, Charles Woodson’s agent, tells me: “They’re getting ready to release him. It’s part of the business.”, Rapaport tweets.
Woodson is 37-years old and can’t run like he used to. And he was scheduled to make some $10 million next year, which is way too much money for his current skill set. He could re-negotiate with the Packers, but we’re hearing that that isn’t likely right now.
Regardless, someone will kick his tires.