- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Myers back in Buffalo’s starting lineup
- Updated: February 12, 2013
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers has been struggling this season. When a blue-liner is a -9 not too far into a season, that’s not exactly good. And it sucks for my fantasy team too, who is dying in that category (now I think I know why).
Because of his struggles, Myers was a healthy scratch for the last two games. It’s Lindy Ruff’s way of trying to get his head straight, which Myers acknowledges.
“It feels good to be back in but I don’t know if it’s a relief,” Myers said Tuesday. “I don’t come here just to get in the lineup. I need to put together a solid defensive game and just build it from there. I’ve tried to work as hard as I can using the time I have to try to mentally get prepared and that’s the biggest thing. I don’t think at this point it’s anything physical. It’s just getting my head straight.”
Myers will return to the Sabres lineup tonight against the Ottawa Senators.
“Sitting out gives you the opportunity to watch the scope of the game from upstairs,” Ruff said. “It’s an easy game from upstairs. Just ask all you guys. You see the mistakes, you see the plays that were available and you wonder why they didn’t make them. You see the easy outs. I’ve had a couple really good meetings with him trying to get his head in the right place and ready to play. Now it’s up to him.”
Yes, it’s up to him to fix that awful +/- ratio for my fantasy team.