- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Elbow issue holding up King Felix deal
- Updated: February 10, 2013
Last week it was reported that the Seattle Mariners and their super ace Felix Hernandez had agreed on a contract extension, and it was kind of a big one. It was supposedly for seven years and $175 million, which is insane.
But, now there is a bit of a holdup. According to Bob Nightengale, he has an “issue” with his elbow.
“Felix Hernandez knows elbow became “issue” after his physical , but both sides say still hoping to complete $175 million deal #mariners,” tweets Nightengale.
King Felix already pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and the elbow is probably the reason. Nothing gives a team pause about forking over a wad of cash to a pitcher like spotting an arm problem.
But, the two sides are still looking to get something done, so it doesn’t seem like it’s too big of a deal.