- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Boldin to retire if he’s cut?
- Updated: February 9, 2013
Baltimore Ravens WR Anquan Boldin is clearly Joe Flacco’s security blanket. All Joe has to do is throw it up where Boldin can go get it, and it’s more than likely that he will. He’s very important to the Ravens offense.
The problem is that Boldin is owed $6 million of non-guaranteed salary this coming year and it doesn’t seem like there is anyway the Ravens can keep him at that price. So, even before the Super Bowl there was talk that the Ravens may have to cut him following the season.
According to Erik Kuselias of NBC Sports, the Ravens can go ahead and release him all they like, he’ll just retire.
“Anquan Boldin just told me he will RETIRE if he is cut by the Ravens. They will be his last team. #NFL #Profootballtalk,” Kuselias tweets with appropriate use of hashtags.
With the Ravens looking to drop a $20 million per year contract on Flacco (or at the very least for just one year via the franchise tag), it doesn’t look like they will be able to keep Boldin has his current rate. So, he’ll be looking at taking a pay cut or else…retiring.