- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Helton rocks the DUI party
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Nope, today he is recognized for getting arrested early Wednesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and careless driving. The arrest occurred just blocks from his home.
He almost made it!
Helton has since released a statement, via the Denver Post.
Last evening I exercised poor judgment and was charged with drinking and driving after driving to a gas station near my house. I am very sorry and embarrassed by my actions. I hold myself to a high standard and take my responsibility as a public figure very seriously.
My entire career I have worked to set a positive example for my family and in our community and I fell far short of this standard.
I sincerely ask my family, the Colorado Rockies Organization, Major League Baseball and the community to accept my apology. I make no excuses and accept full responsibility for my actions. I humbly ask your forgiveness.
Helton is 39-years old and is winding down his baseball career. This is probably not the way to do that.