- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Giants cut Bradshaw, Boley and Canty
- Updated: February 6, 2013
Specifically, the Giants have released DT Chris Canty, LB Michael Boley and RB Ahmad Bradsaw. Canty was due to make $6.25 million this season and that just ain’t happening. He’s not worth that much.
The surprise of the group to some extent is Bradshaw. NY beat writers have been hinting that his release could be coming, but he’s only due $3.75 million next season. Yet, now that I think about it, that is kind of high for a guy who seems to always have screws in his feet.
Throw in the fact that the team obviously believes that they can move forward with last year’s first-round pick David Wilson. Wilson and Andre Brown should be perfectly fine to win with, so they don’t need to pay Bradshaw nearly $4 million.
He’s only 27-years old though, so he’ll find employment rather quickly. He’s now an unrestricted free agent.