- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Will Harvin remain in Minnesota?
- Updated: February 5, 2013
Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin has had some issues with the team. While very dynamic on the field, he’s had some issues off of it. He demanded a trade during this past offseason and insisted it wasn’t contract related. He’s also had several blowups with head coach Leslie Frazier.
Harvin came back for his exit physical and, according to Frazier, things went pretty well even though his status for 2013 remains in doubt.
“We definitely had to talk just in general about a lot of things,” Frazier said in an interview with 1500 ESPN’s “Judd & Dubay” show. “We had a good conversation. We talked, and it was good conversation. So, hopefully, everything will work out.”
Harvin was put on IR earlier in the year with an ankle injury. He later had appendectomy surgery, although it’s not known if the two are related. Frazier was asked if the time away from the team did Harvin some good.
“I would think so. I think the fact that he was able to get healthy — that’s the main thing, that he’s healthy now. That puts him in a good frame of mind, and we’ll see where it goes from there,” he said.
Harvin is due $2.9 million on the final year of his rookie deal and it doesn’t sound like the Vikings are dying to lock him up long term.