- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Kawakami: 49ers will beat the Ravens
- Updated: January 23, 2013
While predictions by media members mean next to nothing when it comes to any games – let alone the biggest of them all – if you’re a San Francisco 49ers fan, you have to love that beat reporter Tim Kawakami says the Niners will absolutely beat the Baltimore Ravens next Sunday. Sure, he could be right but there wasn’t a person on the planet besides Joe Namath who thought the Jets would end up beating the Colts way back when.
The beat reporter for the San Jose Mercury News thinks San Francisco will take out the Ravens 27-17. He’s a very knowledgeable guy, and while his prediction won’t change the NFL Super Bowl odds at all, it might help you relax a bit as a Niners fan. Or not.
The 49ers are a little better at the best things the Ravens do and a lot better at the things the Ravens do worst.
There you have it. Simple, crisp, lean, complete… and almost nothing like any of the food I plan to consume in the French Quarter next week.
OK, a little more: The 49ers have the more dynamic quarterback, the more varied offense and the stronger, younger defense, which are all the tangible pieces that mark a team as an eventual Super Bowl champion.
They will win this game, and let’s just go ahead and predict the score: 49ers 27, Baltimore 17.
We don’t put much (any) stock into predictions. Heck, maybe he’s right, but if he’s wrong I sure hope that his first article after the Super Bowl has a title similar to “I was wrong on that.” Of course it won’t, because the media never mans up.