- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Crabtree investigated for alleged sexual assault
- Updated: January 19, 2013
According to KTVU in the Bay Area, 49ers WR Michael Crabtree is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault.
Yowser. We didn’t see this coming.
“#BREAKING: #SFPD says #49er wide receiver #MichaelCrabtree is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault,” tweets KTVU.
The San Francisco Chronicle also writes that there is an investigation regarding allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman after last week’s win over the Green Bay Packers. I guess that’s one way to celebrate? Sheesh, please say it ain’t so…for all involved.
Crabtree has not been detained nor arrested, and the SVU has interviewed him with his attorney present. He’s apparently agreed to make himself available for further questioning.
“We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities,” 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke said. “The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael’s attorney.”
Crabtree has to be presumed innocent at this time, especially because it’s not like a woman has never made false rape claims against a famous guy before. Not to say that this is the case, but we can’t jump to the conclusion that the guy is a rapist.
It doesn’t look like this will prevent Crabtree from playing on Sunday in the NFC Championship game against the Atlanta Falcons.