- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Cowboys fire Rob Ryan
- Updated: January 8, 2013
And that didn’t please someone because, according to Jets beat writer Brian Costello (talk to Rex?), the Cowboys have fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.
“Not sure if this is out there but I just heard the Cowboys have fired Rob Ryan,” Costello tweets.
Ryan has since confirmed his firing, saying “I’ll be out of work for like 5 minutes.”
While Ryan has some issues, we don’t think the defense falling apart was his fault. Sure, the side of the ball he was responsible for didn’t do well, but how many defenses will thrive while getting next to nothing out of Jay Ratliff and losing Sean Lee and Bruce Carter?
Injuries aren’t an excuse, but they kind of are.