- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Cowboys fire Rob Ryan
- Updated: January 8, 2013
And that didn’t please someone because, according to Jets beat writer Brian Costello (talk to Rex?), the Cowboys have fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.
“Not sure if this is out there but I just heard the Cowboys have fired Rob Ryan,” Costello tweets.
Ryan has since confirmed his firing, saying “I’ll be out of work for like 5 minutes.”
While Ryan has some issues, we don’t think the defense falling apart was his fault. Sure, the side of the ball he was responsible for didn’t do well, but how many defenses will thrive while getting next to nothing out of Jay Ratliff and losing Sean Lee and Bruce Carter?
Injuries aren’t an excuse, but they kind of are.