- Klay Thompson scores NBA record 37 points in a quarter
- Ravens cut Cody amid animal cruelty allegations
- Malkin to miss All Star Game, no one cares
- Kobe Bryant needs to retire
- Rinaldo facing suspension for hit on Letang (video)
- Brady said he likes deflated balls
- Thomas has shoulder injury, will play in Super Bowl
- Bears tab Ryan Pace as new general manager
- Kyle Shanahan out in Cleveland
- Winston accuser files Title IX lawsuit
Cardinals “very close” to hiring Andy Reid
- Updated: January 1, 2013
According to Tim Ring of KTVK-TV, the Arizona Cardinals may want the Eagles’ trash.
“I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team’s next head coach. #AZCardinals #Eagles #NFL,” Ring tweets.
The Cardinals are also believed to be interviewing their own defensive coordinator Ray Horton, so that would satisfy the Rooney Rule.
If Reid is hired, it would reunite him with Kevin Kolb, who he shipped out west in 2011 for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a second-round pick. The move has been a colossal disaster for the Cardinals because, not only has Kolb been hurt and terrible, but they gave him a new contract. Ouch.
Maybe they are hoping that Reid can do the same for them. As in, trade Kolb for more stuff that he’s not worth. It will be very interesting – to say the least – when we see how Reid handles the Kolb situation. Michael Bidwell says that he’s not done with Kolb, but we’ll see if Andy agrees.