- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Cardinals “very close” to hiring Andy Reid
- Updated: January 1, 2013
According to Tim Ring of KTVK-TV, the Arizona Cardinals may want the Eagles’ trash.
“I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team’s next head coach. #AZCardinals #Eagles #NFL,” Ring tweets.
The Cardinals are also believed to be interviewing their own defensive coordinator Ray Horton, so that would satisfy the Rooney Rule.
If Reid is hired, it would reunite him with Kevin Kolb, who he shipped out west in 2011 for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a second-round pick. The move has been a colossal disaster for the Cardinals because, not only has Kolb been hurt and terrible, but they gave him a new contract. Ouch.
Maybe they are hoping that Reid can do the same for them. As in, trade Kolb for more stuff that he’s not worth. It will be very interesting – to say the least – when we see how Reid handles the Kolb situation. Michael Bidwell says that he’s not done with Kolb, but we’ll see if Andy agrees.