- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Is Chris Pronger done?
- Updated: December 20, 2012
Philadelphia Flyers defensman Chris Pronger hasn’t played ice hockey since November of 2011. He got hit in the face and suffered a concussion, the likes of which seem to be absolutely brutal. Guys get concussions all the time and some return within a few weeks and are fine.
Pronger, however, is not one of those guys.
He continues to have headaches and general manager Paul Holmgren recently gave an update on his health. Sadly, the update was that he’s “status quo.”
Christ. It’s been more than a year and the guy is still having headaches and concussion symptoms. That really sucks for him. While there was a mention that the frequency between headaches is longer, it’s still not good.
The guy is 38-years old and has had a concussion for more than a year and it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere any time soon. Time to hang ‘em up.