- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Griffin not taking any first-team reps in practice
- Updated: December 14, 2012
There has been a lot of talk – maybe too much talk – about the availability of Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III for this week’s game against the Cleveland Browns. He sprained his knee against the Baltimore Ravens last week and there have been mixed reports coming from everywhere.
RG III has practiced all week and the team sounds optimistic that he’ll play, even though he’s a “game-time” decision.
Now, Jay Glazer tweets that Griffin hasn’t taken any first-team reps this week, and that could be a telling sign.
“Redskins players tell me RG3 has only done individual drills this week, no first team reps at all. He’s thrown to receivers but Cousins taken all 1st team reps. However he is truly a game-time decision,” Glazer tweets.
Maybe that’s why Pierre Garcon slipped up earlier this week and called Kirk Cousins the starter. We’re still leaning towards him not playing due to evidence like this. When you have a player like RG III, it is a big time waste for the Browns to have to prepare for him. So it behooves the Redskins to continue to act as though he might play, even if they know he won’t.