- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
BCS Championship game could be decent
- Updated: December 13, 2012
Unless you are a die-hard Notre Dame fan (and there are tons of them), you weren’t thrilled about them being in the BCS Championship game. They have a nice team, but it’s not like this is the showdown vs. Alabama that we’ve been waiting to see all year (although it is one of the only college football bowl games worth watching). The last time I checked, the line was favoring Alabama by about 10. Most people think that ‘Bama is going to run away with this one.
But, hold on a minute. Alabama is not a perfect football team. They have trouble with mobile quarterbacks, which Everett Golson is. They also can’t get into a situation where they start throwing the ball all over the place if they don’t have success against the run early. If they do, that’s trouble.
Throw in the fact that everyone is telling them how they can’t lose and they could be over confident and ripe for an upset.
So, if you’re planning on betting on college football bowl games, maybe this is one where you do it. If that line holds at or around 10, that’s a nice-sized amount of points to hand over.