- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Mendenhall finished in Pittsburgh?
- Updated: December 12, 2012
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall used to be a top work-horse back in the NFL. But, he tore his ACL last year, hasn’t been very good or healthy this year and now apparently has become a distraction and a malcontent.
The Steelers have suspended Mendenhall for one week due to “conduct detrimental to the team.”
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mendenhall didn’t show up to last week’s game because he was told a few days earlier that he wouldn’t be dressing. Sounds like perfectly normal behavior.
“What’s happened, happened,” said Mendenhall’s agent Mike McCartney. “When I spoke to Rashard, I know he is very excited next Monday to rejoin his teammates. He’s going to come back with great energy to do everything he can to help the Pittsburgh Steelers win football games.”
Mendenhall is low on the depth chart now and might not dress for the rest of the year, even if he’s healthy and/or not suspended. He’s a free agent after this season and we can’t imagine him staying in Pittsburgh.