- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Garcon refers to Cousins as starter
- Updated: December 11, 2012
The Washington Redskins can say all they like about RG III’s playing status for this weekend. While his knee injury isn’t serious, we have a tough time believing that he’ll play this week and the Redskins have said that no decision has been made yet.
However, appearing ESPN‘s “Sportscenter,” WR Pierre Garcon referred to Kirk Cousins as the starter.
“We have a little bit tougher of a task with Kirk starting,” Garcon said. “We have to play well around Kirk so Kirk doesn’t feel like he has to save the team and help him to be a comfortable as possible.”
While he could have misspoken, we’re inclined to believe him. The Redskins have every reason to hold off on telling the world about Robert Griffin III’s status against the Cleveland Browns. As long as he “might” play, the Browns have to spend time this week preparing for him. And with a guy with those kinds of talents, that’s a lot to prepare for.