- Bucs can clinch top pick with loss to the Saints
- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
Young could accept trade to Phillies on Saturday
- Updated: December 8, 2012
Michael Young’s career as a Texas Ranger appears to be over. According to MLBlogs.com, Young could accept his trade to the Philadelphia Phillies as soon as Saturday.
Michael Young’s time with the Rangers appears to be over. Industry sources are indicating that the trade could go down today with Young accepting a move to the Phillies. Young is the Rangers all-time leader in multiple categories but he is headed for Philadelphia.
This will save the Rangers $5 million payroll that some think will be used towards signing Zack Greinke. Young is 36 years-old, but is still only one year removed from hitting .338. And the Phillies need a 3B badly, as well as a right-handed bat.
The Phils are expected to be parting ways with reliever Josh Lindblom (don’t let the door hit you) and a prospect who is probably not worth a damn.