- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Royals don’t care for asking price on Shields
- Updated: December 6, 2012
The Kansas City Royals are rumored to be interested in Tampa Bay Ray pitcher James Shields. However, it seems that negotiations have hit a snag because the Rays are just asking for too much, especially considering that Shields is only signed through 2014.
“Royals left winter meetings without any deals. Still talking Shields but price of Myers-plus too much — for now,” tweet Yahoo’s Jeff Passan.
Wil Myers is a top outfield prospect, so we can’t blame the Rays for at least asking. We’re guessing that both sides will continue to try to find some middle ground as the Royals could really use an ace.
Shields, 30, has a 3.15 ERA over the last two years and really helped my fantasy baseball team last season, which cannot be discounted.