- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Cardinals cut Todd Heap
- Updated: December 4, 2012
Such is the case of Todd Heap, who the Cardinals cut on Tuesday, according to Adam Schefter on Twitter.
“Cardinals released veteran TE Todd Heap,” Schefter tweets.
He was signed to a two-year, $5.5 million contract last season, but has been relatively unproductive. Heap was breaking down before he signed with the Cardinals and hasn’t gotten any better. Knee and hammy injuries have nagged him for a while now and he just can’t stay healthy.
Any team that claims him on waivers would pay him the rest of his salary for four games. If no one does, then he’s an unrestricted free agent.