- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Cardinals cut Todd Heap
- Updated: December 4, 2012
Such is the case of Todd Heap, who the Cardinals cut on Tuesday, according to Adam Schefter on Twitter.
“Cardinals released veteran TE Todd Heap,” Schefter tweets.
He was signed to a two-year, $5.5 million contract last season, but has been relatively unproductive. Heap was breaking down before he signed with the Cardinals and hasn’t gotten any better. Knee and hammy injuries have nagged him for a while now and he just can’t stay healthy.
Any team that claims him on waivers would pay him the rest of his salary for four games. If no one does, then he’s an unrestricted free agent.