- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Brown amazing again, except he’s not
- Updated: December 3, 2012
There is a lot of hype right now surrounding Philadelphia Eagles seventh-round rookie RB Bryce Brown. He gashed the Carolina Panthers last week for 178 yards and two touchdowns. Sunday night, he gashed the Dallas Cowboys for 169 yards and two touchdowns.
So, what’s the problem?
He keeps f’ing fumbling.
He had two costly fumbles against the Panthers and against the Cowboys, he put the ball on the carpet with less than four minutes left while the Eagles were down by four. Oh, and Morris Claiborne picked up that fumble and ran it 50+ yards for a touchdown.
Brown is beyond frustrating at this point. It’s not that he’s getting the ball punched out. The bigger problem is that he holds the ball out in the open like LeSean McCoy. The difference is that for the most part, McCoy doesn’t fumble the ball. Brown is not only holding the ball out there, he’s doing it even after he’s fumbled in the game.
Seriously, after he fumbled Sunday night, he was still holding the ball out away from his body. Is anyone telling him about this?!