- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Pirates shopping Hanrahan?
- Updated: November 30, 2012
The Pittsburgh Pirates played really well this season. That is, for most not all of it. One of the players who performed well for them this season was closer Joel Hanrahan. He had a 2.72 ERA for them and looks to be part of a hopefully bright future.
Ok, that’s not the case. According to Buster Olney, the Pirates are actually shopping the dude.
“Pirates have had Joel Hanrahan on the market for a few weeks; they have talked to the Dodgers about Chris Capuano, and other teams, as well,” tweets Olney.
This is Hanrahan’s last year of arbitration eligibility, so maybe the Pirates don’t want to deal with that. Still, we don’t think it will be difficult to find a taker for Hanrahan’s services. The Phillies could sure use him. He wouldn’t be a closer, but they’d take him as a setup guy.