- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Eagles cut Jason Babin
- Updated: November 27, 2012
Finally! The Philadelphia Eagles signed Jason Babin to a pretty lucrative deal last offseason, as he was one of the poster boys for the team’s “Dream Team” offseason spending spree. Last year, he was a monster in the Wide 9, with 18 sacks, proving he was worth every penny.
This year? He only has 5.5 sacks and is a complete liability in the running game. He’s out of position all the time and is undersized anyway.
So, the Eagles seem to be as fed up with him as the rest of us. They have announced that they have cut Babin.
“We appreciate everything that Jason has given this team over the last couple of years. We wish him all the best as he continues his career,” coach Andy Reid said in a statement released by the team. “By releasing him today, this gives us an opportunity to give more playing time to some of younger guys in the defensive line rotation.”
Someone will probably claim Babin off of waivers. In 2010 (Titans) and 2011 combined, he had 30.5 sacks. That’s not that long ago. Someone will kick his tires for sure.