- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Surgery for Cedric Benson?
- Updated: November 21, 2012
This isn’t good. We hope no one was holding out hope that Green Bay Packers RB Cedric Benson was going to come back late in the season to give their fantasy team a boost. Benson was placed on designated-to-return I.R. weeks ago with a Lisfranc injury and was hoping to return Week 14.
That’s not looking so good right now, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
“#Packers RB Cedric Benson, eligible to return off temp-IR 12-9, says surgery still might be a possibility to correct Lisfranc foot damage,” tweets McGinn.
If he has surgery he will not be playing football for a long time. This is not good news for Benson or the Packers, who are pretty fed up with James Starks and have few other options.
It’s safe to drop Benson in every single fantasy league in which for some reason you still own him.