- Klay Thompson scores NBA record 37 points in a quarter
- Ravens cut Cody amid animal cruelty allegations
- Malkin to miss All Star Game, no one cares
- Kobe Bryant needs to retire
- Rinaldo facing suspension for hit on Letang (video)
- Brady said he likes deflated balls
- Thomas has shoulder injury, will play in Super Bowl
- Bears tab Ryan Pace as new general manager
- Kyle Shanahan out in Cleveland
- Winston accuser files Title IX lawsuit
Jeffery to miss 2-4 weeks
- Updated: November 20, 2012
The Chicago Bears spent the 45th-overall pick on wide receiver Alshon Jeffery in the 2012 NFL Draft. The good news is that he’s flashed a bit and been relatively product for a rookie when he’s been healthy. The bad news is that he really hasn’t been healthy all year.
He missed quite a while before returning for Monday night’s loss against the San Francisco 49ers…but then he got hurt again. He needs his knee scoped and Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times says that he’s going to miss 2-4 weeks.
“#Bears rookie WR Alshon Jeffery will undergo a scope tomorrow. Considered “minor,” according to source. 2-4 weeks timetable,” Jensen tweets.
This is bad news for the Bears (Bad News Bears?) who could use another offensive weapon on the outside. It will hurt the team for sure, but the good news is that Jeffery doesn’t have a history of knee problems, so you’d have to be optimistic moving forward.
Unless, this is the beginning of knee problems for him.