- Klay Thompson scores NBA record 37 points in a quarter
- Ravens cut Cody amid animal cruelty allegations
- Malkin to miss All Star Game, no one cares
- Kobe Bryant needs to retire
- Rinaldo facing suspension for hit on Letang (video)
- Brady said he likes deflated balls
- Thomas has shoulder injury, will play in Super Bowl
- Bears tab Ryan Pace as new general manager
- Kyle Shanahan out in Cleveland
- Winston accuser files Title IX lawsuit
Marlins and Jays blockbuster includes Reyes, Buerhle and Johnson
- Updated: November 13, 2012
Last year, the Marlins signed several big ticket free agents (Jose Reyes, Heath Bell) to help open up and launch their new stadium. Well, they must be sick of them because it looks like they are shipping some big names to the Toronto Blue Jays. According to Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are getting Reyes, Mark Buerhle, Emilio Bonafacio, John Buck and Josh Johnson. They’re sending Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez, Jake Marisnick and Justin Nicolino back to the Marlins.
Rosenthal says that there could be more names involved. Also, it’s not known how much money will be changing hands, if at all. We know that Toronto doesn’t like to break the bank.
This will definitely make the Blue Jays immediately better and possibly in position to compete in the AL East. The Hot Stove is just getting warm so we’ll need to see what other teams do. As for the Marlins…how does the NL East basement sound?