- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
Marlins and Jays blockbuster includes Reyes, Buerhle and Johnson
- Updated: November 13, 2012
Last year, the Marlins signed several big ticket free agents (Jose Reyes, Heath Bell) to help open up and launch their new stadium. Well, they must be sick of them because it looks like they are shipping some big names to the Toronto Blue Jays. According to Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are getting Reyes, Mark Buerhle, Emilio Bonafacio, John Buck and Josh Johnson. They’re sending Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez, Jake Marisnick and Justin Nicolino back to the Marlins.
Rosenthal says that there could be more names involved. Also, it’s not known how much money will be changing hands, if at all. We know that Toronto doesn’t like to break the bank.
This will definitely make the Blue Jays immediately better and possibly in position to compete in the AL East. The Hot Stove is just getting warm so we’ll need to see what other teams do. As for the Marlins…how does the NL East basement sound?