- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Holmgren denies interest in Cowboys head coaching job
- Updated: November 12, 2012
Rumors surfaced over the weekend that Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren will be interested in the Dallas Cowboys head coaching job. Of course, this implies that the Cowboys won’t do much this season and that Jason Garrett will be fired. It’s funny that the reports I’ve seen today don’t make the point of, “that’s only of course if Garrett is fired.” Seems like a foregone conclusion.
But, Holmgren has commented on those reports and has denied any interest.
“#Browns Prez Mike Holmgren on report that he wants to coach Cowboys: “I don’t know how any of that stuff gets started,” tweets Mary Kay Cabot, who tends to know all things Browns related.
Photo Caption: Holmgren gets his groove on as reporters blast music at a press conference. “Ooooh….this ma jam!!”
“I don’t know how any of that stuff gets started,” Holmgren said. “The last time I talked to anybody about my future was in this (Browns) room. I honestly don’t know what I want to do.”
Holmgren probably won’t get too many opportunities to oversee personnel in the NFL. He didn’t do a good job with that aspect in Seattle and he obviously hasn’t done a good job in Cleveland, because they stink again and have a roster littered with holes. It’s also been made clear by new ownership that he is on borrowed time.