- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Mets looking to trade Dickey?
- Updated: November 8, 2012
Wow, how quickly things can change. The New York Mets are a mediocre team at best, and they have a pitcher who won 20 games last season. One wouldn’t think that they would be in a position to lose said player.
But, it seems that is the case with R.A. Dickey. The Mets were looking to sign him to an extension, but apparently he’s looking for too much in terms of money or years, because the reports now are that the Mets are looking to trade him.
“Sources: #Mets showing little interest in signing Dickey to extension, discussing him in trades, as @Joelsherman1 reported,” Ken Rosenthal tweets.
Wow. Dickey had an amazing year with a 20-6 record and a 2.73 ERA, and he’s still under contract for $5 million next year. Yes, he’s older, but he’s a knuckleballer so it’s not like he’s trying to hang on to a 95-mph fastball.
One would think that the Mets could get a decent return from a team looking to win now.