- Bucs can clinch top pick with loss to the Saints
- Julio expected to play
- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
Eagles officially place Herremans on injured reserve
- Updated: November 7, 2012
The bad news for the Philadelphia Eagles just keeps getting worse. Not only have they lost four straight games, they have looked miserable in the process. The biggest problem? The woeful offensive line.
And as bad as the line has been, it just got even worse. One of their few competent linemen, Todd Herremans, has been placed on injured reserve (ankle) and is now out for the season.
“As I first reported, Todd Herremans is out for the year. Now on Injured Reserve,” tweets Reuben Frank.
We suspected this, but now it’s confirmed. So here is how this will now go: King Dunlap, a marginal-at-best tackle will move from left tackle to right tackle, where he’ll guard Michael Vick’s blindside. Demetress Bell, who is awful to quite awful, will now start at left tackle.
The middle of the line will continue to stink as well, with only left guard Evan Mathis remaining from last year’s line. Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Danny Watkins and now Herremans are all out with injuries.