- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Garcon done for the season?
- Updated: November 4, 2012
The Washington Redskins have been without the services of their prize free-agent acquisition Pierre Garcon for weeks now. The wide receiver has been battling some kind of tear in his toe and/or foot and has appeared in just three games this season.
And Jason LaCanfora reports that if the plantar plate tear (or whatever the hell it is) doesn’t heal with rest as the Redskins are hoping, they could make the decision for him to have surgery, which would end his season.
“I don’t want to be on the sideline,” Garcon said of his injury. “It is frustrating. But you’ve just got to think about what’s best for it and what’s best for your future, because this is long term.
“You don’t want to make it worse just for one season. As bad as I want to be out there, it’s a tough decision we’ve got to deal with.”
If this thing doesn’t heal after the Redskins’ Week 10 bye week, one would have to think that he’ll just be shut down.