- NFL has identified potential fall guy for Pats
- Klay Thompson scores NBA record 37 points in a quarter
- Ravens cut Cody amid animal cruelty allegations
- Malkin to miss All Star Game, no one cares
- Kobe Bryant needs to retire
- Rinaldo facing suspension for hit on Letang (video)
- Brady said he likes deflated balls
- Thomas has shoulder injury, will play in Super Bowl
- Bears tab Ryan Pace as new general manager
- Kyle Shanahan out in Cleveland
A’s re-sign Bartolo Colon
- Updated: November 4, 2012
The Oakland Athletics shocked the world this past season by…making the playoffs. And they got some unlikely help from a guy who was probably juicing since he got a 50-game suspension for use of performance-enhancing drugs.
But, the A’s don’t seem to care that 39-year old pitcher Bartolo Colon needed banned substances to pitch well for them last year. They have decided to re-sign the chubby dude for one-year for $3 million.
Colon was actually pretty good last year. He’s done this numerous times; just when you are ready to write him off as toast, he comes back and shows that he can still pitch. Maybe the PED suspension will explain some of that. Nonetheless, he posted a 10-9 record with a 3.43 ERA last season and that apparently was enough to get a new contract.
Colon still has five games left on the 50-game suspension, but that really equates to one start, so who cares?