- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Reid lying that he didn’t consider benching Vick
- Updated: November 1, 2012
It was a crazy week for the Philadelphia Eagles this week. They lost their third straight game in awful fashion to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, and there were numerous reports that Andy Reid was going to bench Michael Vick for Nick Foles. Even Vick acknowledged after the game that Reid was thinking about making the move.
Now? Andy says that he never considered benching Vick.
“Reid said he wasn’t considering benching Vick for Nick Foles,” tweets Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Yeah, right. Andy, you don’t really expect us to believe that, do you? He went on to say that Vick is the team’s quarterback now and for the future.
“Michael is, was and will continue to be our quarterback. This is not a week-to-week thing,” Reid said.
Just like Donovan McNabb was the quarterback just before he got traded. Just like Kevin Kolb was the quarterback before he benched him for Vick, even after his concussion healed.
Take this with a grain of salt.