- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
James Harden traded to the Rockets
- Updated: October 28, 2012
We mentioned before that there was no pending deal between the Oklahoma City Thunder and soon-to-be free agent and reigning Sixth Man of the Year, James Harden. He wanted a max contract and the Thunder were hesitant to give it to him.
So, it seems like the two have resolved their differences. That is, the Thunder has shipped Harden off to the Houston Rockets in a blockbuster deal.
In return, the Thunder get Kevin Martin, rookie Jeremy Lamb and two first-round picks along with a second-round pick. The Rockets also get Cole Alrdich, Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward from Oklahoma City.
The Thunder couldn’t give Harden a max deal considering the new CBA, which would have punished them severely. The team already gave max contracts to Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
It’s a crushing loss for the Thunder, but they didn’t have many other options.