- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
- Texans fear Mallett tore a pectoral muscle
- Penguins’ Dupuis to mix six months with blood clot
- Crowell to start for the Browns, Tate probably pissed
- Voracek leads NHL in points
- Cano has broken pinkie toe
- Eagles had Koy Detmer fake injury for IR in 1997
- Reporter goes ghetto (video)
Honey Badger arrested for pot
- Updated: October 25, 2012
Remember the Honey Badger? Tyrann Mathieu was once a Heisman Trophy finalist, now he’s just a got who got kicked off of the LSU football team and has now been arrested for marijuana, along with three other ex-players.
Police said they responded to a complaint about a man forcing his way through a security gate before heading to Mathieu’s apartment.
Lt. Don Kelly, a Baton Rouge Police spokesman, said officers were called to the apartment complex about 3:30 p.m. after receiving a complaint about a man forcing his way through the security gate before going to Mathieu’s apartment.
“Officers immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana and obtained consent from Mathieu to search the apartment,” Baton Rouge Police spokesman Lt. Don Kelly said.
The Honey Badger was kicked off of the LSU football team for repeated failed drug tests. So…this isn’t all that surprising.
Former LSU QB Jordan Jefferson, Karnell Hatcher and Derrick Bryant were also arrested.
Police found 10 bags of high-grade marijuana (at least they aren’t smoking dirt), a digital scale and a pot grinder. Well done, guys.
Mathieu is eligible for the NFL Draft in 2013, so it will be interesting to see if he latches on with another major college program (good luck with that) or if he just tries to go to the NFL. The Cincinnati Bengals would probably love to have him.