- Rollins would approve trade to the Dodgers
- Hoyer expected to leave in free agency
- Marshall has two broken ribs
- Browns not going to Manziel just yet
- Brodeur signs one-year deal with Blues
- Mathieu needs thumb surgery
- Pettine kills West for fumble
- Browns rule out Cameron…again
- Bradley on Bortles: “We expect more”
- Lester to visit Cardinals next week
Twitter Athlete of the Week: OSU’s Cardale Jones
- Updated: October 10, 2012
And today’s award is for Twitter Athlete of the Week, which is presented once every two months. The winner? Cardale Jones from Ohio State! Congratulations, Cardale! You won!
And let’s see what tweet earned you this prestigious award. Cardale took to Twitter this week to have an intellectual discussion about the role of classes in the lives of student athletes and how these classes can enrich their lives to make them more well-rounded citizens.
“Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain’t come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS,” Jones tweeted.
Cardale is too busy for classes because he’s extremely engulfed in studying the playbook as the third-string quarterback. What if the starter gets hurt during a game? And then, what if his backup also gets banged up? Cardale has to go in the game! He needs to be prepared! Knowing works of Voltaire isn’t going to help him identify the blitz of Central Michigan!
In reality, there is probably truth in his eloquent tweet that didn’t contradict itself in anyway or display any irony. Many student athletes find ways – or are helped to find ways – around classes. That’s just the deal. But, we think that this tweet is utterly hysterical coming from a guy who hasn’t played all year.
So, congratulations, Cardale! You’re OTR‘s Twitter Athlete of the Week!